Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival


For the first time today, we visited the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival...the 40th one. Not entirely impressed. Thought it would be in a big strawberry field with lots of strawberry themed desserts to try. They did have the requisite chocolate dipped strawberries but it was way too hot to enjoy them. They also had strawberry shortcake and strawberry cheesecake. Neither are favorites of mine. Instead I tried the meatpies - YUMMO - and Deep Fried Oreos!!!!!!!!!!! I will never again appreciate an oreo right out of the bag.

I want to start collecting festival posters but don't know where I'd hang them...

I just love capturing an event in graphic form.  Maybe we can get the garage cleaned up and free up some wall space...Or I can hang them in the hallways or in the guestroom???

Next week...the Bayou BBQ Festival in Covington.










No comments:

Post a Comment