Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Free time

I dropped Hazelnut off at doggy day care for the first time today...and for the first time in weeks, I don't know what to do with myself.  I miss her but being with other dogs is good for her and ultimately good for us (and our cat Gracie).

So what does one do with one's time?  I'm still in a slump over a job.  My friend mentioned starting a business...I'm thrilled at the opportunity but scared about the risks.  If we move forward with this plan, it'll probably mean I have to get something part time to help with the bills.  As I've said before, our savings will last only so long.  And that time is a'comin!

I'm toying with the idea of baking and selling my wares at the Covington Farmer's Market.  Being home all the time certainly gives me time to do that!  Although I love to cook, I enjoy baking as well since you're not required to be at the stove all the time.  And I love the smell of baked goods in the house!

The best option for me is to do something from home.  As much as getting a real job is practical, I really, really don't want to work in an office and deal with all the crap associated with that.  I want to spend time with Derron, Gracie and Hazelnut.  Not with people I don't care about and I don't want to go to the lengths necessary to care about them.  That's not so say I don't need friends.  I do.  But a downside to being a military brat/spouse is that you leave friends all the time and I'm kind of tired of that...I want more transitory friends, the kind that fill needs at particular times in your life.  I have lifelong friends.  I don't need any more. 

Instead I need to concentrate on what's important...family, close friends, a puppy kiss and a cat's purr...and the wonderful and soothing smell of something good in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment