Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

I watched Lady Diana and Prince Charles get married in July 1981.  I, like so many others, was completely caught up in the romantic details and the pomp and circumstance.  Today's wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton was no different.  I watched the whole thing...

The sight of Prince William and Prince Harry riding to Westminster Abbey together reminded me so much of them at their mother's funeral, standing together so solemly.  It was nice to see them smile together and have a few laughs (even a couple at the altar).

Kate's dress was exquisite...she didn't need the tiara but it was a nice nod to Queen Elizabeth.  She had some shadows under her eyes which were there I'm sure because of all the stress of the days previous.  Nevertheless, she looked amazing and carried herself brillantly.

Camillia looked her usual horsey self and Prince Charles, although aged quite a bit, looked great.  I think he gets an awfully bad rap about what kind of father he is.  It seems he is a very good one.  It's obvious the boys adore him.  The queen should really try something other than a coat dress!  And the Duke...could he look more like a foddering fool...

Kate's mother, sister and brother looked smashing (to use an overused British compliment).  Elton John looked to be showing his age...

All in all, it was a lovely ceremony.  I enjoyed it as much as Diana's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment