Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why?

Who cares about Paris Hilton, or for that matter Perez Hilton?  Or Rachel Zoe or the Bad Girls or any of the "Real" housewives from anywhere?  Or anyone on the E! network for that matter???? 

Why do we need so many reality TV shows?  I'll take a finely crafted comedy/drama any day of the week.  My fave show on TV now is "The Killing" on AMC.  It has the raw and gritty feel of great British police dramas like "Prime Suspect" and "Cracker".  I hate having to wait for Sunday evenings to see it.

I do have a couple reality faves I have to admit..."Project Runway" and "America's Next Top Model".  I like them both because of their creative focus...it's not about people acting out (although that does happen from time to time, afterall it is TV).  Other shows like "Bad Girls", "Jerseylicious" and "Jersey Shore" simply glorify and encourage bad behavior.  Is that really necessary?  I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment