Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Friday, June 10, 2011

A revisit

I'm going to revisit an earlier post and talk about Savage Garden some more.  Mainly because that CD is still in my car but also because I'm disgusted with the political environment...

There's just so much truth in this song..."Affirmation".

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument [If you've ever been in a relationship you know this is right.]

I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands [Don't we? And again and again...will we ever learn?]

I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you [Uh huh.]

I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do [Understanding and accepting this has gotten me through so much.]

I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem [Yeah no kidding.]
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone [Takes some strength to realize this and it's so easy to forget it. I backslide all the time.]

I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned [The way it should be.]

I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned [Sad but true.]

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side [Been on both sides...green is green.]

I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye [As someone who's had to say a lot of goodbyes...so true!]

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality [As if we have any real choices in life.]

I believe that trust is more important than monogamy [More profound than it sounds.]

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul [If only we could all believe this.  Unfortunately the physical self is all-consuming.]

I believe that family is worth more than money or gold [I know this better now that I ever did.]

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair [Ditto!]

I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires [Yep in spades!]

I believe forgiveness is the key to your own happiness [It takes a strong person to forgive and a weak person to hold a grudge.]

I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed [Yeah, I agree.]

I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists [Can you say, "Hallelujah"?]

I believe in love surviving death into eternity [I have to believe...otherwise what's the point?]

No comments:

Post a Comment