Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Friday, June 17, 2011

I guess it's time to write something insightful again...or maybe I've yet to do so, so this'll be the first time. 

What's bothering me these days...friends who say they're friends but don't mean they're friends in a pinch...only when times are good and everyone's having a blast.

People who say they'll do something then they don't and I'm supposed to forgive them because something more important came up (aside from someone dying of course) .

Those who say only good things to your face and much more colorful things behind your back.

People - typically family - who say, "I knew you'd be ok" or "I just don't worry about you".  How inconsiderate is that?  Just because someone's normally reliable doesn't mean they don't "need" from time to time.

When I have to repeat myself (and explain) because I'm speaking proper English but the person listening is ignorant.

Someone who doesn't realize that...YES I'm sure the Taj Mahal restaurant is indeed an Indian restaurant.  How does someone NOT know the Taj Mahal is in India?

On that note...someone who confuses Indian people and people from the Middle East.  How do people NOT know India is in ASIA?  And don't even get me started on the differences between India and Pakistan.

And again on that note...STOP using "oriental" to describe people.  It's used to describe food, rugs, and art.  Asian is the proper descriptive word for people. 

And one more on that note and I'll let it go...how is describing African Amercians as "people who were out in the sun too long" considered politically correct?  Do they actually believe African American is NOT a politically correct term????  Politically correct terms are not meant to be sly, evasive ways to refer to people...they're terms that everyone can accept as not offensive. 

People who marvel at the fact that we have an investments guy and a tax guy based in Europe (both Americans)...because they wouldn't have thought to hire people from outside this area.  Well of course not DUMBASS!  We did because we lived there...JEEZ!  And e-mail let's us stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment