Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catching up on reading

UPDATE:  Reading my third book in three days.  Finally making a dent in the pile o'books I have accumulated.  Let's hope this continues through the weekend.

I've bought a lot of books recently so I decided it was time to get through some.  Yesterday I read Tess Gerritsen's Ice Cold. Not bad for a suspenseful thriller.  Easy read too considering I read it in less than a day.  Not sure what's on the hit parade for today.  Probably Michael Connally.  I love his seamy depictions of Los Angeles.  I've never been there but the way he depicts it is exactly as I imagine it is.

I was really tired yesterday so it was so nice to lie on the couch with a book and a blanket.  I started the day trying my best to get through John Irving's Last Night in Twisted River.  It's an awesome book but there are such similar themes and images in ALL his books.  Gets a little old after a while.  Maybe once it gets cold I can get back to it.

Maybe today I'll go for James Ellroy's The Hilliker Curse.  His staccato style, although jarring at times, is very readable.  His topics and details are typically shocking but I do love his books!

No comments:

Post a Comment