Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Starving

I miss the Mushroom Ravioli at Da Gino's in Landstuhl (Germany).  I thought about it today when I saw this recipe on a food blog I follow - The Culinary Chronicles. 

http://theculinarychronicles.com/2011/04/18/penne-di-funghi-con-pollo-e-salsiccia/

The Penne di Funghi con Pollo e Salsiccia sounds FANTASTIC.  I must make this dish.  Tell me it doesn't look amazing...


We found a good Italian restaurant nearby only to have it close a few months later.  So needless to say, I'm jonesing for some authentic Italian.  I have a new place in mind...more because I heard on their radio advertisement that they have Barolo (my fave wine) on the menu, than because I've heard the food is good.

I miss all the Northern Italian cuisine we had available to us in Germany.  I love (and miss so much) all the delicate cream sauces...the scallopine, the Caprese salads...oh what I wouldn't give for one more meal at Da Gino's!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment