Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank you Cheesus!

I joined the Northshore Democratic Women's Club last night.  They met in the Abita Springs Town Hall.  It was a wonderful meeting, well more of an anniversary (the 3rd for the club) really. 

It was wonderful to meet a large group of women that share my values and care about the things I care about.  One women described it as a group of "like-minded" women.  I never liked that term "like-minded".  Kind of connotes to me a group of people that can't think for themselves...and this was not that kind of group.

It was a group of educated, intelligent, politically savvy women...to include women of color.  I don't see a lot of women of color from where I sit and that upsets me.  I truly bloom in a diverse environment.  I don't like to be surrounded by homogeneity...I like different points of view, people of varying backgrounds (only two of the women I spoke to last night were from here), and disparate cultural influences. 

I'm looking forward to the next meeting and some of the other associated get-togethers, namely a book club someone mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment