Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Thursday, September 29, 2011

I've been busy

Starting a business, training my puppy, trying to keep up with all the various clubs I've joined - Northshore Democratic Women's Club (NDWC), NDWC Book Club, NDWC Cookbook Committe, Dem Fest, and sorority, not to mention the day to day stuff.

I'm pretty tired...then there's all the Christmas gifts I'm making, the centerpieces for my sister's wedding...trips to Oregon, Vegas, Germany and Scotland to plan.  Wait'll the business takes off...then what will I do????

I need some "me" time.  I miss my monthly trips to the spa in Germany.  3 plus hours of sheer pleasure and relaxation.  I need to do that again.  I need to recharge.

In the meantime, I just finished a really beautiful book for October's book club meeting, "The Mercy of Thin Air" (Ronlyn Domingue) Really a beautiful story, set in New Orleans, and somewhat of an echo of "The Lovely Bones" (Alice Sebold). It was a nice departure from the non-fiction selection last month.  Unfortunately the next two month's selections are non-fiction. I don't hate non-fiction, I just prefer to "escape" when I read and well, you can't do that with non-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment