Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Soapboxing

I recently made a decision to NOT use Facebook as my own personal soapbox.  That said, I am seething over the cruel, disrespectful, and downright ugly things I read on there.

A Marine, with his profile pic depicting him in uniform, was online trashing President Obama.  I get it...some people are not in favor of Obama.  But does that mean it's alright to trash him in such a blatantly disrespectful manner?  I think not, particularly if he's your Commander in Chief.

I sympathize with people who feel out of step with today's administration.  Lord knows I spent 8 years feeling out of step during President Bush's two terms and to some degree during President Clinton's second term.  But I didn't take to spewing hatred to any and all that would listen (whether they wanted to or not).  No instead I chose to find an outlet for my frustration...supporting a candidate I could get behind.

So I encourage all the Obama-haters out there...do something about it if change is what you're after.  Stop flapping your jaws and mobilize.

No comments:

Post a Comment