Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Espionage

I love spy movies.  Always have.  A great spy movie influenced what I do...well what I did.  I haven't done what I do for almost a year now.

That movie was 3 Days of the Condor, based on the book, "6 Days of the Condor".  Guess 6 days was too much for a 2 hour movie.  It is still my absolute favorite spy movie.  In it Robert Redford plays a part in a CIA cover mission in NYC.  His character was not a spy in the movie but rather an analyst.  But at one point he's forced to act as a spy or at least use some of what he's read about to save his skin.

I watched a new spy movie the other day, Salt.  Left a bit to be desired but it had a gem of a story idea.  Just wished they'd capitalized more on the intrigue and less on action.  I loved Angelina Jolie in the Lara Croft movies but the energy and wit she brought to them was lost in Salt.

Another of my favorite spy movies is Bourne...all three.  Love, love, love them.  Now I like a good art film, foreign film, independent film as much as the next person, but when it comes to good fun, give me a good spy movie, or novel and I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment