Welcome...

I will talk about anything and everything here. You'll probably realize though pretty quickly that I'm somewhat obsessed with cooking and entertaining...but I do have other interests.



Saturday, July 23, 2011

WTF?

You have to wonder about friends who say they're your "bestest" but then don't include you in their day to day lives.  A friend recently asked me for a large sum of money.  Against my better judgment I loaned it to her.  I caveated the loan with..."I need it back as quickly as possible".  She promised to get the bulk of it back within 30 days.  It's been 60 and I've not received a cent.  In the meantime she asked another friend for more.  I thought maybe it was to pay me back but no...she needed more cash to bail herself out of a bad decision.

Now I understand, through another friend, that she's lost her job.  I'm guessing I can kiss my money goodbye and that pisses me off...add to that, she insisted on keeping this whole loan thing from her husband.  I'm really not cool with that and told her so and she blew me off.  But what really irks me is she hasn't even told me she just lost her job.  I can understand her reluctance but am I a friend or not...or only a friend when she needs something????

I know I need to be supportive but...really????  Who's supporting me?

No comments:

Post a Comment